Exfoliation techniques involve slight pressure and circulatory motions which increases blood circulation that has many benefits.
This full-body exfoliation treatment is great if you want to diminish the appearance of dry, sallow skin or alleviate keratosis pilaris (chicken skin). Benefits from this type of treatment can last up to 30 days, especially if you follow a good home care regimen.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or any body balm)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 - 2 drops essential oil if you want to scent it (to be added last)
- Mix the honey and olive oil in a ceramic bowl or glass jar
- Slowly add the sea salt into the mixture
- Add the essential oil just before the treatment and mix well
This mixture should be of a consistency of a granular paste; if it is not granular enough, add more sea salt. Warm the bowl up for 60 sec in the microwave before using, or keep bowl it in hot water for 10 mins. It should be warm. The leftover scrub paste can be kept in a tightly closed jar for up to 30 days in a cool and dark place.
Massage with an exfoliator in circular motions. Start from feet up on one side of your body, then move to the other.
Moisturize the skin with cream or body oils.